Wednesday 14 July 2010

Prom Fails

So, prom came and went, almost as quickly as school life seemed to, and just like that, we seem to be pushed head-first into the big wide world. Scary. Epic.

Prom was an amazing night, one that will stay with me for a very long time, mostly due to fantastically ridiculous amount of photos taken that night, many of which catching my face in the most creepy/constipated/stalker-like poses imaginable. And though many of these in themselves are fails, I have chosen to omit them from the prom-fail list to follow, as there were one or two photos taken of me that I actually was rather fond of, and any photo of myself that I actually like is worth fifty I don't.

As I said, prom was a wonderful night for me, but, true to form, riddled with fails. So, starting from the beginning :

- Only after arriving at Rachel's home (where we were to catch our limo to the venue), and only after my father had driven home, about to start his work, did I realise that my ticket, essential for entry, was still at home. I consequently had to force my dad back to the home he had only left 15 minutes previously, so that I may to slip the $100-Toghill-Face into my breast pocket. Man, I love breast pockets.

A side note here, something that I have only noticed right now, while typing this fail. I was never once asked to show my ticket, not once. Gah.

- UPDATE : One I missed out.... While enjoying some light refreshment at Rachel's home, which I assure you it was a J20, I managed to clink the bottle top off with such a trajectory that it landed in her cats milk bowl. I and the gang recently had a sleepover up Rachel's, and I swear that cat was giving me evil eyes the whole damn time....

- The next fail literally stunk. Within 5 minutes of exiting the limo, I had managed to find undoubtedly the freshest pile of dog dirt in the whole of Manor Park. Did I mention that I found it with  my brand new Chuck Taylor All Stars? Yeah. Cue three minutes of frantic scraping against the walls of the venue, and stealing wipes from handbags. Thankfully, they live on. Aunty Nette, you are a god-send.

- The final fail I can remember came in the form of bread-rolls, though I still maintain this one to be Dec's fault. When I decided to dig into my bread roll, I firstly checked the careful arrangement of the table and it's foodstuffs, and correctly assumed that I was entitled to the roll to the right of me. However, after disapproving looks from Dec, I was convinced to instead begin cutting and eating the roll to my left, effectively stealing Tom's roll. This proved to be a fail in more than one account, as, not only did I disrupt the feng shui of the table by making everyone on it eat the roll to their left, I'd also greedily devoured mine before grace had been said. Deary me.

I'm sure there were many more than that, though, I'd a bit to drink that night, and it was almost a week ago now, so some details elude me, feel free to comment with any more you remember. I shall leave you with a photo of one of the nights fails, diligently snapped by my mother:



Oh, also, I made my girlfriend cry on prom night. Yeah, really. That's definitely not a good thing to do. Don't be doing that.

joe :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment